Thursday, November 28, 2013

What are you thankful for?

Funny thing about loosing everything.  It makes you incredibly grateful for the things you do have.  Being Thanksgiving and all I wanted to write about the things that I am thankful for.  I am thankful for my 3 healthy children.  It's so easy to take things for granted, you assume your going to get knocked up and have healthy perfect babies but that's not always the case.  2 out of 3 of my kids have birth defects, and where as it's not ideal at least they are healthy, smart, they can see they can hear they can use kid logic.  I am one lucky lucky lady! 

I am thankful for my car.  I can't believe I've had that car over 12 years.  I remember being 12 years old and thinking I was really old now and what a big shot and I knew everything. . .  wow.  Now that I've had a car for 12 years 12 years really doesn't seem like that long of a time.  It still works!  The only big thing I've had to fix was the transmission.  It's been in many accidents, got hit by a semi-truck, a tree fell on it,k got struck by lightning so the radio doesn't always work but hey it get's me where I'm going. 

I am thankful for my apartment.  Sure it's got its massive flaws but it's a place to live.  It beats one room in my parents house where we were not welcome.  It beats living in my car, or the trailers I have looked at.  It's got pretty good square footage for the price, the kids have their own room, I have my own bathroom and a place to do laundry where I don't have to put quarters in it.  My very own kitchen.  I remember when I moved in how excited I was about having closets.  It doesn't take much to make me happy.  Be it ever so humble there's no place like home. 

I am thankful for my warm cozy bed.  For a while I didn't have a bed I had a mattress witch is better than nothing but it was like night and day when I sprung for the pillow top.  Makes me wonder why anyone would ever sleep on those old school mattresses.  The kids can climb up into my bed and it doesn't even wake me up anymore.  I actually get to sleep threw the night.  It's wonderful. 

I am thankful for my God.  No matter how hard times get I am so thankful to know I don't have to go threw any of it alone.  He's always there to listen to me.  There's been so many answers to prayer.  Maybe some day I'll try and list them all.  I would just be so lost without him.  He truly is an awesome God.  He has blessed me with so many great things.  I don't know why he decided to pick me but I sure am glad he did. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good night!  Thank you for reading my blog may God bless you e even more than he's blessed me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment