Monday, November 4, 2013

Daylight savings time, WHY???

Now I really don't understand the point of Daylight Savings time.  It's not really saving any daylight, the sun is still out for the same amount of time.  I got to see the sun rise today and it came up at about 6:30, so I guess before this it came up at 7:30.  Don't farmers want to sleep in?  I don't understand why they can't just push back milking the cows or whatever till 7:30 and really who's dressed and up and ready to go before 7:30 anyways?  Am I missing something here?  Never was a morning person myself I am not as bad as my sister I don't wake up and curse the morning like she does but 5 is just so so early for someone like me who doesn't go to bed till about 12, not to mention pip squeak woke up at 2 AM with a bad dream so I only got about 5 hours of interrupted sleep.  Takes me back to the days where the twins were babies and I like, never slept.  At least I know I will get some sleep tonight and the cool thing about daylight savings time is it gets darker earlier so its much easier to trick the kids into getting into bed at like 7- 7:30 and then I can attempt to go to bed early tonight. 

There's an old proverb of some nationality that says the person who says it can not be done should not interrupt the person doing it.  That's pretty much how I'm feeling right now.  So many people who I'm not going to name because someone reading this might actually know who I'm talking about are always telling me what I can't do.  What I shouldn't even try to do.  What's impossible to do.  Unless they are using some kind of reverse psychology than they just rather suck and I can't wait to prove them wrong.  There's one that really drives me crazy not only does she tell me what I can't do she then turns it around and says if I don't do the impossible thing that she said can't be done I'm going to be even more screwed.  Nod and smile.  That's about all you can do with that one.  I've found that where there's a will there's more than one way and where there's no will there's always excuses.  I've decided these folks who keep saying it can't be done are just saying that because they feel bad about all the crap they never even TRIED to do because they were too afraid of failure.  I have decided that failure isn't as bad as not even trying. 

Odd how it took me so long to find myself but all this time I didn't even know I was lost.  Yes I stole that from a song.  So sue me.  I wish it hadn't taken me so long because there's so many years I'll never get back but you know what they say there's no sense tripping over something that's already behind you. 

So you, yeah YOU go find that impossible dream and tackle it till it's possible again.  Start out small little baby steps and just keep going.  If you get stuck try something else till it finally works.  By the time it's no longer daylight savings time I want you to have accomplished your goal.  You CAN do it.  Nothing is impossible, and if you need someone to hold you accountable for your actions and help you get it done than I'll be more than happy to yell at you till its done.  If you have the faith of a mustard seed you can move mountains, how much faith do you have?  

If this makes no sense or is senseless remember I am running on like no sleep and have a headache and kids screaming in my ears and there's only so much coffee can do.   Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment