Saturday, November 16, 2013

Getting ready for winter

A funny thing happened this week.  My daughter asked me for mittens.  Me being all resourceful I crocheted her some mittens that very night.  No pattern needed.  She loves them and now my daughters hands are no longer cold when she's outside for recess.  I decided to list them, so your kid can have warm chenille mittens too.  They come in size small medium and large.  The sample size is what I would call a medium they fit my 6 year old nicely.  I have many colors of chenille to choose from a few examples are butter cream, white with gold sparkles, brown, blue and red.  It's hard to see the glitter in these but they came out pretty cute. You can find the listing for them here and they make a lovely gift for that special grandchild or child in your life.  They aren't super bulky but they are soft and will keep those precious little fingers warm.














Next up I have your traditional Santa hat in what else?  Chenille.  I wish the pictures would have come out a little better but this hat is super comfortable and also very cute.  It has a vintage feel to it and the red reminds me of the red in red velvet cake.  Sorry this hat isn't as delicious as cake but it's a good size for a man or woman is pretty warm and of course very soft and is a lovely gift option under 20 dollars. 

You can find the listing for this lovely hat here and sorry to say but when it's gone it's gone, I don't have enough of these two exact colors to make a second one. 
























Lastly I have a very simple soft and snug neck warmer in my signature color, purple.  This yarn has light purple and dark purple together so it gives it a nice textured look.  It is accented with a pink square button so you can wear it many different ways.  This is also a nice gift option under 20 dollars.  I love neck warmers because you get the warmth of a scarf without the extra scarf flying around all over the place in the wind.  For the most part they stay neatly in place and you never have to re-tie them. 
You can find this listing right here  and this is another one of when its gone it's gone, I've had this yarn in my stash for quite some time and don't know if I can even find it anywhere anymore.  It's very soft and not scratchy at all. 

Well I hope you enjoyed your little peek of whats new for winter and if you get a chance please check out the rest I have to offer over at Crochet By Mel there's more than meets the eye.  (My camera pretty much sucks)  Ta ta for now. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment