Monday, August 26, 2013

quick check in

I know I've been absent, I've been busy.  My car keeps busting although they did finally figure out what it was and got that fixed once and for all recently, and then my daughter started Kinder garden and now we are battling some kind of cold thing that's making the kiddo's a bit cranky.  Busy busy busy also I have been working on promoting the shop and making a couple new things.  You know it's crazy how much just having one kid in school changes the dynamic's of a household.  I went from having one child to three thanks to the blessing that is twins but now it's like for the first time I have only two children.  I kept telling myself twins wasn't that much work and what's the difference having one baby or two but yeah, I guess I was just telling myself those things because what else can ya do?  Not like you can give one back.  Anyways I totally appreciate having Molly around now when she's home and when she's not I find myself spending more time actually hanging with the twins.  Doing fun things (when they aren't sick anyways) like the park or going to play at their new buddy's house.  My house isn't a constant mess of yuck.  I love that little girl but all her little science experiments sure did make a mess.  Kind of funny how the twins are so much more behaved when she's gone.  Kind of makes me wonder if they were always this well behaved and I didn't notice because I was so flustered or if she stir's the pot.  I think she likes to stir. 

Now I am NOT a fan of full day Kinder Garden and I think they should stop doing that.  I know most parents throw their kids in daycare so they are used to having the kids gone all day but some parents don't do that and these kids are not used to it and I can see it's totally bumming my little girl out.  Maybe she'll get used to it but I say in a perfect world she wouldn't have to.  Kinder garden used to be fun.  You learned your colors and your numbers and your ABC's that was pretty much it.  Now they have them learning to read sight words and use the computer and internet and this is why children are growing up too soon.  We teach them and expect them to act like adults but we still treat them like children till they are 30.  Think there's something wrong there? 

Anyways.  Can they just stop growing up now please?  It really does go by way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment