Sunday, December 13, 2015

What mom's do.

Don't try to tell me how to raise my kids.  Don't try and tell me "That's what mom's do" because last time I checked mom's don't kick out their daughters when they have a 3 year old and twin 18 month old babies (your grandchildren) when she has NO INCOME.  I have come a long way doing the opposite of what you did and I think I know what mom's do.  Mom's choose between calling off work when they have a sick kid and not being able to pay the rent or bringing the kid into work with them.  Mom's drag all 3 of their kids out of bed in the middle of the night because they are worried one of them might have some fatal illness that turns out to be the flu.  Mom's go hungry so that the kids can eat.  Mom's have one pair of jeans that they wear every single day because they can't afford anything else yet the kids have all they need.  Mom's choose between buying light bulbs and toilet paper.  Mom's find a job where 90% of the time you don't need daycare because the business is open during (mostly) school hours.

You don't know what mom's do because you never had to worry about it.  And then when you did get a job you pawned us off on the next door neighbor who didn't even watch us- hell its a wonder we survived.  We could have gotten snatched or fell off a hill in the woods or got ran over by a train and that woman would have been none the wiser because all she told us to do was "Go out and play" And boy did we.  And she never checked on us either.   No.  "That's what moms do" okay I guess that's what moms do they won't push back Christmas dinner one hour so that 2 of their daughters and their only grandchildren can come have a meal with them.  You only have 3 kids.  You only have 3 grandkids.  And its not like you have anywhere else to go because the only other place to go is having Christmas at the same time you picked to do it so why??  Why can't you move it back an hour?  Oh because that would just make too much sense right?  Thanks mom.  And I guess mom's sell their old car's to their child because giving it to them would just be too much.  You only give cars to the youngest she has gotten 3 cars out of you I guess she got my car and my other sister's car to.  I am just under stress to pay the rent and phone and insurance and food and clothing why not stack a car payment on top of that too?  Never mind you have a big beautiful 4 bedroom house that's sitting empty 70% of the time we can't stay there the kids are just too loud.  Not even for a year so that I could save a safety net and afford a "normal" place no that would just be taking a year out of your life, why would you want to live with your grandkids and see them everyday??  That's what mom's do.  They make you feel like crap no matter what you choose to do.  They complain that your house isn't clean enough or I am failing them some other way but you know what?  No.  I'm not failing them any witch way you slice it.  At least I am "present"  when I have them.  At least I talk to my kids.  At least I know what they are learning in school.  Do I take them on fancy vacations or buy them every new gizmo that comes out? No.  But we have fun and we take care of each other.  Because that's what mom's do. 

Well at least they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment