Thursday, October 15, 2015

We have a boatload of flowers. . litterally

So I have been asked to do many a things in my floral design days, but this is a first for me.  I must say I am kind of excited.  Today was a weird day.  We had so many flowers in our cooler that you literally could not walk into the walk in cooler.  And I was sitting there thinking okay . . .sweetest day is Saturday but seriously what are we going to do with all these flowers? 

Enter these guys. . . Their boss's mother died and he had named this tug boat after her.  So they want 2 giant swags and 5 wreaths to decorate this boat with and I sure hope they get some good pictures once they get it all set up because I don't know how well my arrangements are going to hold up on the water.  You got the wind, you got the waves, at least its not salt water but still if it gets below freezing the flowers are going to freeze.  I guess they are going to Michigan after they take a bunch of pictures for the funeral.  I hope the arrangements hold up but I don't know man. . . part of me wanted to have them sign a waver that we won't be held responsible if anything falls down and hits someone on the head, they aren't super heavy and probably won't kill anyone but still.  I think its going to look really beautiful once its all set up, I hope it lasts. 

Not to go all clerks on you but "I'm not even supposed to be here today!"  That happens a lot where I am though coming in on days off.  I enjoy it because its like. . . I still get paid for coming in on my day off so who am I to complain?  And I love the work so its a double bonus really, especially when the kid are in school anyways its not like I am missing out on anything.

So I guess I know now why we had all those flowers funny how sometimes life works out like that.  Sure would be nice if all we had to do is order a ton of flowers and every time get a big order like this.  Well better hit the hay, big day tomorrow.  It's not so much the work that tuckers you out its more of the emotional cheese and rice can I even do this type of stuff that wears you out.  Wondering if its going to all fit in the van.  Wondering if its going to look right on the boat.  They were awesome enough to give us measurements but still. . .in this line either people love love love it or they hate it.  My saving grace is its for a bunch of guys so they will probably not really care too much.  For the first time ever I get to go in and say "We have a boatload of flowers" and not be just being a smart ass.  How exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment