Monday, October 12, 2015

That moment when someone tells you your car is only worth 95 dollars.

I must admit I did plan on running that car into the ground, so I guess I did a good job.  I don't understand though how a car that runs and all is worth only 95 dollars.  In the end I only got 90 for it.  If they ripped me off well than one day God can sort it out.  That was one headache I needed to get rid of literally.  I think the car was giving me headaches because the fumes were leaking into the car.  No bueno.  The transmission was slipping and then there's that little part about where I went over rail road tracks and the air bag blew up in my face and caught on fire. . I guess that's like 500 to fix all on its own.  I always wondered what it was like to have an air bag go off on you.  Well now I know.  I didn't even hit anything so it was a big shock when it happened and there's all that white powdery stuff.  And then I smelled burning.  The metal plate on my steering wheel was some how super hot and was burning the air bag like a bag of popcorn that had been in the microwave too long.  So I decided to pull over. . . since my window didn't roll down or anything. . .yeah.  Time to die little car.

Things I will not miss about you: The window didn't roll down
The radio didn't work
The tape player didn't work.  Yes I said TAPE player NO CD PLAYER
The air conditioning didn't work.
The heat broke 3 times last winter.
Only 4 seat belts so my daughter had to ride shotgun.
Transmission randomly shifting gears for seemingly no reason at all.

So yes.  End of the line with you.  And I feel sorry for the poor soul that gave me money for you.  I hope they dismantle you and find ways to make you useful because as far as a car goes, your fired.  Good riddance to old rubbish.

Seriously though its the end of an era.  I got that car when I was 21.  I had that car 14 years.  It got hit by lightning and hence had serious problems with the electrical system I suspect thats why my radio was so spotty and then eventually gave out.  It got hit by a semi truck on the toll road lucky he wasn't going that fast and stopped going into my lane when I blasted my horn.  Got hit by another semi truck when it was on a side road it wasn't supposed to be on.  Been rear ended a couple of times.  Since I moved here the neighbor across the street hit it 2 or 3 times.  A giant tree branch fell on it during a storm.  And once upon a time I backed up into a pick up truck in the parking lot.  And when my sister was getting married I bumped into a mini van.  (I was nervous for her) Oh well.  Now I owe someone way too much money but at least I have a car and can keep my job and can still be pretty much independent and take care of the kiddos.

How long have you had the same car for??

No comments:

Post a Comment