Sunday, October 27, 2013

Read your Bible

I know, I know right usually when I make a post I'm sitting here spewing about my latest and greatest creations but this is important folks.  If your going to call yourself a Christian or a Christ follower if you will READ YOUR BIBLE.  I have been reading mine lately and I gotta tell you it sure makes a lot more sense when you read whole chapters rather than picking out two or three verses like they do in church.  Church is all good and everything, you get to meet with other believers and talk and have some coffee and sing some songs but I got to say, rarely if ever have I learned anything there.  I don't know if it's because there's just not enough time or because pastor is too afraid to say something that's going to offend someone but man that stuff is watered down. 

Right now I'm a big fan of anything written by Paul.  Paul was a good guy he seems to really get it.  I take my Bible literally though so some of the stuff about women is pretty offensive.  I'm just going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that some of his meanings were lost in translation.  This last part I just got done reading touched on teaching and in the end times how we have all these pastors pushing their own brand of Christianity.  That's what's turning so many people away.  They lie.  No where in the Bible does it say that abortion is wrong, murder or a sin.  I've yet to come across anything that says being gay is a sin either.  Maybe they didn't talk about those types of things back then or maybe I'm missing something somewhere but what I did read was it said that it is good for a man not to marry.  So from what I gather of that is gay people should be happy they don't have to marry, because let me tell you its not all its cracked up to be. 

Other insights I learned is if your a christian your supposed to take care of your own family so that the church can take care of those who are really in need and have no family.  My mom keeps trying to push me off on charity's that give homes to single mothers and such but I just don't feel right doing it, I know things are not super great here but some people have it much much worse and I'd rather they get the help they need than me.  Maybe she's worried about us I don't know.   All I know is I will pray.  It's not failed me yet and I'll just pray, somethings gonna come threw it always does.  From what I've read it seems like I'm on the right track.  Live a nice quiet life.  Yeah,  I think I can do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment