Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Are people really boycotting Target? Yes. Yes they are.

So I have heard a lot in the social media news about how that over priced trendy Target store is making bathrooms special for Transgender people.  Now I never understood why they had to do this because every store I ever went to had that little "family" bathroom where I could drag all my kids into the one stall bathroom and lock the door whenever anyone had to go so I could make sure everyone was safe and okay.  Being a mom of boys I didn't want to go with them to the boys room and I do not allow them to go by themselves for safety reasons so they liked going there since they wouldn't have to go in the ladies room.  Why can't transgender people use that one?  It's usually empty anyways and then they don't have to worry about what gender they associate with or think that they are.  Problem solved.  Right? Wrong.  Lets make transgender restrooms in all our stores for the .03% of the population that claims to be transgender.  So family groups and Christians and a whole bunch of other people said they are going to boycott the store.  I didn't believe it.  I mean who doesn't shop at Target?  I was more homesick for Target when I moved than I was for my old house.  So imagine my surprise when I went in for my weekly "Target" dose to see a virtual ghost town.  I got the 6th parking place in my lane and it was the first lane I drove into to get a spot.  6.  Normally I have to park all the way back in the back and walk about a mile just to get into the store.  Not this time.  I got spot 6.  The only part of the store that had maybe half of the normal amount of customers was the grocery section.  I did a lap around the store to check out the rest.  I counted 12 people.  IN THE WHOLE REST OF THE STORE.  The toy section, the clothes sections, electronics, everywhere was virtually empty.  And the people I did see had like one item in their carts.  This is in a pretty nice neighborhood.  Where doctors and lawyers and people with a large chunk of disposable income live.  And no one was there.  I did enjoy not having to wait at all to check out with my one box of cereal.  But if this keeps up I can't see them staying in business for very long, I mean just the costs to keep the lights on and pay the employees alone no way they made enough money today to do that.  The suspense is terrible. . . I hope it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment