Sunday, June 8, 2014

Google analytic's, why???

Being an Etsy seller, I went ahead and checked out google analytics however is it just me, or is it not helpful?  I don't understand how to use it like, at all.  I consider myself to be a somewhat intelligent person but this is a total mystery to me.  Why is it I can see what kind of device people used when they are on the site but it won't tell me what search words they used to find it?  Unknown is not helpful.  If you don't know what words people are searching for how in the world do you figure out what content to put up for sale?  How do you know how to word your listings?  It's kind of interesting to see what country and town people are coming from but how is that really helpful to me?  And why does it never match up with what Etsy says?  Etsy will say I've had 600 some odd views for the day but then if I go to google analytic's it says I've only had 45 sessions.  Who's telling the truth here?  I find it interesting that my views keep reaching higher and higher on Etsy yet this other site is saying they are crashing into oblivion.  I guess that explains why sales are non existent. 

The one helpful thing I did find is it tells you how you got some of your views, it helps me to know what advertising is working and what is complete crap.  It seems to me that paying for ad's is not worth it since most of my views come from pinterest, witch is totally free and it also has the lowest amount of drop off views.  Oh well.  At least I tried.  If anyone has helpful tips on how to use this tool I'd love to hear them.  Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment